The pandemic has changed the way we shop. More and more of us are opting to shop online, and for charities, this can be a real bonus to their fundraising target. Some organisations such as easyfundraising and AmazonSmile are offering FREE donations to your chosen charity when you sign up to do your online shopping.
And shopping from home allows you the luxury of sitting in the comfiest chair with a cuppa in hand, while you go through your list of what you want, clicking a few keys on your laptop or computer to find the best deals. No leaving the house early to beat the rush, paying crazy parking fees (or bus fares), struggling with bags and boxes in the cold and wet back to your car (or bus) – just sit back and wait for your parcels to be delivered straight to your door! What’s not to love, right?
Shopping with AmazonSmile to support Home-Start
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend just around the corner, what better time to sign up to AmazonSmile, at no cost to you, and start clocking up those FREE donations for Home-Start!
AmazonSmile is the charity branch of Amazon UK, and every time you shop using the Smile page, Amazon donates a percentage of your sale to your chosen charity. It doesn’t cost you, as the shopper, a penny; but every penny you spend contributes towards a good cause. In fact, since signing up with AmazonSmile, Home-Start has received over £200 in donations, simply from people going about their regular online shopping through Amazon. It’s such an easy way to make a worthwhile contribution to a local charity!
How do I get started with AmazonSmile?
Setting up your AmazonSmile account is easy; it works with your existing Amazon or Amazon Prime account. And if you don’t already have an Amazon account, sign up today by visiting smile.amazon.co.uk.
How to use AmazonSmile on a web browser
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select your Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire (HSRSC) as your chosen charity
- Start shopping! Remember to check out at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity. Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
Setting up AmazonSmile through the Amazon app on your mobile
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (≡)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire (HSRSC) as your chosen charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected. Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
Other ways you can support Home-Start
There are other ways you can help us to support more local families.
- sign up to use easyfundraising for your online shopping
- buy tickets for the East Herts Lottery
- give a one-off or monthly donation
- text donate to our Hug in a Mug campaign
- hold a coffee morning or bake sale and ask guests to donate to Home-Start
- take part in a personal challenge, such as a fun run or skipathon
- visit our What can I do to help? page for more ideas.