HSRBSC is delighted to be taking part in the 2.6 Challenge – a national campaign from JustGiving aimed at filling the £4bn funding gap facing the UK’s charities this year. The campaign is set to launch on 26th April, which should have been the date of the London Marathon.
Home-Start’s own shortfall will mean that local families cannot access the support they need when life gets tough – we are facing reduced staff numbers, fewer resources and less time to spend when families need us most.
We are asking our supporters to step up and take on the 2.6 Challenge to save Home-Start and keep us where we are needed: helping families to survive.
The idea is simple: find a challenge that is somehow related to the numbers 2 and 6 and ask your friends and family to sponsor you to do it!
We encourage you to be creative, enjoy yourself, and remember the social distancing rules if you’re going outside!
If you’re not sure what you might do, here are some ideas:
- You could do laps of your garden, like our trustee Lois: 26 laps in 2.6 hours. Her fundraising page is here: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LoisArthur.
- You could get the whole family involved… this family are doing a range of activities: biking 26 miles (dad) planking for 2.6 mins (mum) walking 2.6 miles BAREFOOT (Son) and 26 rounds of 26 sit-ups (daughter). You can find their fundraising page here: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SarahMascall1
- You could read 26 books in 2.6 months (that’s around 1 book every 3 days!). See what your friends are reading if you’ re a bit stuck.
- You could try to find 26 different wildflowers while out on a walk. Plantlife, the UK’s wildflower charity, has a flower hunt ready to use.
- You could try a scavenger hunt around the house or on your daily walk: can you fit 26 items inside a matchbox? You’ll have to think very small. Why not try our Giving Tuesday task for this week?
Any and all ideas are welcome and we look forward to seeing your results, so don’t forget to send in those photos or video clips!
Thank you so much for all your support,
The Home-Start Team