Week 8 – Name the Home-Start Bear Competition
Welcome to Week 8 of our Giving Tuesday campaign. This week we are launching our ‘Name the Home-Start Bear’ competition.
Home-Start Bear is a favourite visitor at our Family Groups and events around the area and we’ve decided it’s about time he or she was given a name!
If you would like to suggest a name for our Bear, please send us an email with your suggested name, and also your own name and a contact phone number.
We will collate all the suggestions and the winning name will be drawn, at random, on Tuesday 20th June.
The winner will receive a visit from the Home-Start Bear, as soon as this is possible, to have their photograph taken, and will feature in the News section of the Home-Start website AND a cuddly teddy of their very own to keep.
If you would like to donate £1 to take part in the naming competition, we’d be delighted! Just click here.
We are super excited to see what name suggestions you come up with and we are sure Home-Start Bear is too.
Did you know that:
* the first teddy bear was made in 1903
* teddy bears are named after President Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt
* the melody to the song “The Teddy Bears’ Picnic” was composed in 1907, the lyrics were then added in 1932
* a Steiff ‘Louis Vuitton’ teddy bear sold for £125,831 on 14 October 2000 at Christie’s, Monaco
* the worlds first teddy bear museum was set up in 1984 in Hampshire
Teddy bear themed activities
There are lots of teddy bear themed activities you could do with the children such as:
1. Make a playdough teddy bear. Click here to find out more.
2. Create bear pictures using a fork. Click here to find out more.
3. Make a teddy bear pop-up card. Click here for instructions.
4. Teddy bear pancakes. Click here for method.
5. Create a handprint/footprint teddy bear. Click here for instructions.