We want to see a society in which every local parent has the support needed to give their children the best possible start in life.
Our Vision, Aims & Values
- To reduce the pressure on families that leads to stress and poor mental health which affects all aspects of parenting and family life
- To reduce parental isolation by facilitating involvement in local groups and services
- To improve outcomes for children, in terms of physical, social and emotional development
- To reduce the risk of family crisis that can lead to breakdown
- To enable parents to develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to manage their family lives again without our support, and to access mainstream support and local community networks
- To reduce the need for other more costly support from statutory agencies
- We offer families choice
- We work in partnership – with each other, with families and with other agencies
- We work in a spirit of openness, encouragement and enjoyment
- We are flexible and responsive to the needs of families.