Early-intervention home-visiting support is at the heart of what we do. It is a solution we have adapted and refined over 35 years.
Our highly-trained volunteers help families facing isolation, the effects of post-natal illness, disability or mental health issues, bereavement, multiple births and a whole range of other challenges.
After meeting with the family to discuss their specific needs, our expert co-ordinators match the family to a volunteer, who then visits them every week for two hours. The help we give to each family is unique and depends entirely on their individual needs.
Home-visiting support makes a great difference to families’ resilience, helping them to cope with the difficulties they face. Our statistics show that the following identified needs were achieved or partially achieved, as a result of our support (April 2016 – March 2019 figures):
- 95% of parents were more able to manage children’s behaviour
- 90% of parents were coping better with mental health problems
- 91% of parents felt less isolated
- 80% of parents’ self-esteem improved
- 96% of families were able to cope with their child’s mental health