Every single penny you raise or donate to our charity supports our vital work with local families going through tough times, as well as reducing demands on costly statutory health and social services.
For instance, on average it costs:
- £41.66 per week for our highly-trained volunteers to visit one family at home, enabling the family to manage their family lives again successfully without our help. Read more.
- £25 for a family to attend a two-hour weekly session at one of our specialised family support groups, which enables socially isolated families to integrate effectively into the local community. Read more.
Central to our success are our 6 part-time staff who provide supervision and support for the volunteers, manage the administration, oversee the finances and manage fundraising.
How much we need to raise this year:
£200,000 will enable us to maintain our crucial services and address increasing family needs. Average costs include:
- £10 will provide the snacks and drinks available for families at one of our Family Support Groups
- £50 pays for a co-ordinator’s first assessment with a family
- £250 for 10 families to attend one session at one of our Family Support Groups
- £600 for a day’s update training in a relevant subject, for current volunteers
- £700 will pay for a summer or Christmas party for our families to enjoy
- £1,000 will enable around 20 families to attend a summer outing to a local wildlife park or other family themed activity
- £1,500 will provide a family with 9 months of support from a Home-Visiting volunteer
- £3,000 will fund one term at one of our Family Support Groups
- £4,000 will train 10 new Home-Visiting volunteers
Or to find out more about how you or your company can help us support families please ring us on 01763 262262, or complete our Contact Form