Home-Start Fundraiser Role
Fundraiser role – 20 hours a week
Based in Meldreth, Hertfordshire, we have been supporting families through tough times since 1983. Our close-knit team of caring part-time staff and highly trained volunteers work alongside families to enable them to manage their family lives successfully again.
To fund our vital work, we are dependent on our fundraising events, community initiatives and individual & business donations and are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced person with drive and experience in fundraising, sales or marketing to join our professional team.
In this role, you will use your expert communication skills and keen sense of initiative to spot fundraising opportunities and inspire supporters, and have the confidence to approach prospective funders.
You will develop relationships with potential donors, corporate organisations and supporters, as well as manage fundraising campaigns. You will have a good eye for design with experience in marketing techniques across digital and traditional channels. You must have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to interpret numerical and statistical information to monitor performance.
The ideal candidate will be organised, motivated and professional with strong research and planning skills. We are looking for someone who identifies with Home-Start and will demonstrate an exceptional drive to further our existing fundraising efforts whilst developing strategies to deliver new ones.
- Contribute to the development of Home-Start’s funding strategy to grow unrestricted funding income
- Manage and deliver a continual agreed income target for each financial year
- Research, identify and approach new corporate, community and individual contacts to secure short- and long-term partnerships
- Develop and implement strategies that improve communication and relationships with new and existing individual donors and supporters
- Plan, develop and deliver innovative campaigns that will generate increased income
- Contribute to the development of an effective corporate supporter welcome pack and journey
- Attend corporate networking events and develop corporate events and opportunities that build engagement
- Develop robust mechanisms for monitoring the effectiveness and performance of campaigns and appeals that can be used when planning future strategy
- Produce detailed, accurate and timely performance reports against income and key objectives
This is a one-year fixed-term contract with the possibility of it becoming permanent.
Click on the links below to view the Job Description and Person Specification:
20 per week flexible days and hours, including some weekend and evening work.
To be agreed, depending upon experience and qualifications.
Hybrid with at least one day a week in the office, based in Meldreth (SG8 6JP). Applicants must have use of a car, for which expenses are paid.
Please send a CV with covering letter stating clearly how you believe you meet the person specification for this role to HR, Home-Start Royston, Buntingford & South Cambridgeshire, Unit 6, Valley Farm, Station Road, Meldreth, Nr Royston, Herts, SG8 6JP (telephone 01763 262262) or email email@example.com.
Closing Date: 4th November 2022
Interview Date: Week Beginning 28th November 2022
Home-Start Royston, Buntingford & South Cambridgeshire (incorporated as Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire) is committed to safer recruitment practices as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults. Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire is committed to equality of opportunity and diversity.
Registered Charity No. 1105385 / Company Registration No 05183873