Love Your Home-Start Day 2022
- This event has passed.
11th February 2022 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Love Your Home-Start Day
What does February say to you? Cold? Dark? Wet? Valentine’s Day? How about Love Your Home-Start Day?
Every year, on the Friday before Valentines Day, we do our best to turn the local area pink and orange (to match with our brand colours) in celebration of the work Home-Start does in the community.
How do I get involved?
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be adding all the events taking place across our area in support of Love Your Home-Start Day. There will be so much to choose from – what will you do?
Is there one near you? If not, maybe you’d like to get in touch about arranging something? We’d love to hear from you!
- Dress down day at local companies – wear what you like to work. Even better, get your colleagues to wear their favourite “Lockdown Zoom Meeting” outfit (for example: a sharp suit jacket twinned with comfy joggers). Who’s got the best combo? Pics please!
- Non-uniform day for local schools, plus a FREE activity pack for every child!
- Royston Photographic Society photographic event – more info here: Photography Skills Workshop
- Royston Repair Cafe (taking place the weekend BEFORE!). Click here for details!
- Keeley’s Fabulous “Song To Make You Smile” Challenge. Click here for details!
- Pop-up Cafe “BackStreet Catering (Backstreet Catering – Posts | Facebook) will be collecting for us on Saturday 12th February.
- The Old Factory Store in Royston are running a raffle for us over the weekend. Don’t forget to pop in and grab a ticket!
- Watch this space for more fun activities!
Want to join in?
We would love you to join in the fun and help support local families. You could…
Host a Home-Start Tea
Invite friends and family to an afternoon tea event in your own home or garden, where your guests could give a donation to Home-Start in exchange for tea and tasty homemade cake. We can provide a Home-Start collection tin and some beautiful Snowflake pin badges if you’d like to host a Tea.
Take on a personal challenge
Try a running, walking, cycling or swimming challenge for the day? If you use an app such as Strava, you could create ‘run art’ too… get inspired by this idea: Runner uses GPS to create festive art in pictures.
Could you run heart shapes all around your town like these?
Download our Activity Pack and make a donation
We have created a wonderful fun and entertaining LYHS Activity Pack for you to download, which includes lots of ideas for things to do on this special day.
The pack is free, but if you would like to make a donation, you can do so here.
Have a go at our fun quiz!
We have created a fun and simple quiz about the month of February – have a go! Can you get all the answers right?
Do something else?
Maybe you have another fantastic idea which could form part of our special day? Do get in touch with your suggestions!
If you’d like to show your support for Home-Start by making a donation, why not add a heart to our Love Your Home-Start fundraising page?
Click here: https://visufund.com/love-your-home-start-day to add a heart to our beautiful sunrise, and show how much you love your Home-Start.