Who we support
Home-start can help you and your family.
Many parents need help, friendship, advice or support during those early years when children are young.
There is no rulebook for raising a family and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, particularly if your family is going through difficult times.
But if you can get the support you need when you need it, then day-to-day family life and your children’s future can be so much brighter.
Do you ever feel like this?
- Isolated in your community, with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- Suffering with post-natal illness but finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- Having a hard time coping with your child’s illness
- Overwhelmed by the death of a loved one
- Struggling with the emotional and physical demands of having twins, triplets or more
- Struggling to cope with a disability or relationship problems
- Tired, unhappy, exhausted
If you have a least one child age 9 and under, then we can help. We support many parents just like you through our Home-Start volunteers. They are people who are parents themselves or have parenting experience – so they know how hard parenting can be.
They will visit you in your own home – usually once a week. You decide what you will do together.
All you have to do is contact us - If you think Home-Start could help, why not find out more. Contact us on 01763 262262 – we’ll be pleased to hear from you.