We are looking for a Voluntary Events Fundraising Co-ordinator
For over thirty years, through trained Volunteers, Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire (HSRSC) has been providing support for local families facing potential crisis because of isolation, illness, bereavement and other major problems.
Fundraising through events and other activities plays a vital role in enabling us to raise our local profile and to build confidence in parents and children and open doors to a happier, less stressful, family life.
We are looking for a Voluntary Events Fundraising Coordinator to:
- Plan and organise events and other fundraising activities
- Increase, motivate and coordinate its dedicated group of fund-raising supporters
- Record, monitor and report on expenses, sponsorship and funds raised through fundraising events
- Work with office staff to generate press releases and media coverage for events
- Coordinate the fundraising schedule and diary of events and to publicise as necessary
- Be a key point of contact for fundraising within HSRSC
We are looking for someone with several hours a week to spare, sometimes at weekends, and who is
- Enthusiastic about our aims and the success of our work and wanting to develop skills in events management
- Keen to take initiative, contribute ideas for fund-raising through events and see them through to successful conclusion
- Able to work independently, flexibly and as part of a team
- Computer literate in Word and e-mail
- Ideally available for a minimum of a year
Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be paid for this voluntary post which will work closely with our Office Manager. There is support from an enthusiastic group of fund-raisers who like to have fun and who are looking for an injection of new ideas and energy.
If you are interested in joining the HSRSC team, please have a look at our website:
and send a letter of application outlining your experience and suitability to
email@example.com or by post to:
Unit 6, Valley Farm, Station Road
If you would like to discuss the position before applying please tel: 01763 262262